Saturday, July 20, 2013

Meet the Team!

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take the opportunity to introduce the founding team, Andrew & myself (Daniel). Andrew and I became friends in the seventh grade while attending a small private school in Watsonville, CA. Together we had many of the same classes, played on the football team (I rode the bench, Andrew started on offense, defense, and was the punter), and spent all our free time in Aptos, CA doing all things beach related.

Our friendship has surpassed ten years now, but it grew the greatest when we moved to San Diego, both choosing to major in Business Management & Entrepreneurship. Andrew at the small, religious Point Loma Nazarene University; Daniel at the overcrowded, party driven San Diego State University. This has made for quite the opportunity between the both of us, we have each studied business fundamentals in start ups but from very different atmospheres.

We are both extremely confident in our abilities and the "ying-yang" in our business relationship. Andrew is the creative one, never taking a second off to dream up elaborate ideas. I am the calculated one, trying to tweak his ideas into feasible ones. We have excellent symmetry and the trust in one another and this makes for an All-Star BORNINFORNIA team.

Cheers,

Daniel


Individual Bios

Andrew Sutton, Creator and Co-Founder: Age 23, grew up in Santa Cruz, CA with my two parents and three siblings before moving to the small farming community of Corralitos just south of Santa Cruz. I currently live in Pacific Beach (aka PB), a small beach community full of college kids that is just 10 minutes north of Downtown San Diego, which is where I currently work as a manager for a firm that specializes in online startups and e-commerce sites - the biggest one being TipsyElves.com. When I'm not working or daydreaming about entrepreneurial endeavors, I love to spend my time with friends, family, hanging at the beach, and trying my best to stay out of trouble.  My favorite sports teams are, in no specific order, Athletics, Raiders, Sharks, Warriors and the US Men's Soccer Team. Favorite Quote: "You can learn a lot from a dummy." - Derk Sutton

Daniel Calvert, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer: Age 23, grew up in Gilroy, California but I proudly claim Santa Cruz as my hometown because no one knows where Gilroy is (and Santa Cruz is way more awesome). I live in Pacific Beach, a suburb of San Diego, where only a few blocks separate Andrew and myself. Die hard 49ers, SDSU Aztecs, Sharks and Warriors fan. I have three siblings, my older brother also lives in PB and I hope to soon join the investment firm he works for. The things that I care about more than anything are my family and my friends, having a ton of fun, and the constant pursuit of success and becoming the best person I can be.


A picture of the two of us dressed in the first ever BORNINFORNIA samples COMING VERY SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment